Friday, September 14, 2012

Sketchbook Friday

I was reorganizing my book shelves and ran across some of my older sketchbooks. I decide that it might be fun to share some of the images in them with you, so a new regular feature will be Sketchbook Fridays.

This book isn't dated in the cover but I think it is from 2003 or 2004 (more likely 2003) by what is in it. some of the dolls and costumes I sketched out I actually made in that time frame.

These 4 drawings are on consecutive pages and most likely done the same month, probably the same week.

I scanned them in but didn't do any editing.

The first is a dress inspired by fire and geometric shapes.

The second is directly related to the first and is a page of circle skirt designs. There are 3 different designs on the page, the bottom one is in 2 colorways. The yellow is of course the skirt from the above sketch.
Simple color, simple overall shape, somewhat Science Fiction inspired. (Babylon 5)
The last one is probably my favorite of the bunch. I drew the figure and then just started drawing curvy lines on the figure. which turned into the dress, of course the boots, gauntlet and hat were needed to complement the drawing.
I LOVE THE HAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment