Sunday, August 26, 2018

Getting a start.

Yesterday I took my reference book and the youngest child to my local Joann fabric store. Came home after spending a couple hundred with at least half the fabric I need.
On the upper left is Sabine pants, lower left her shirt. Center is for Hera pants and Ezra jumpsuit. Right is agent Kallus. I didn't find anything for Kanan shirt and will likely use stash material for Chopper. Bad panda went and bought fabric before looking through the stash because I couldn't access my fabric in the kids room due to their mess!

Today I updated my Cosplanner account which I have been using for this project. I have found one thing I do not like about the way Cosplanner keeps track of how much you spend on a project, if you are making an item, there is no place to put the cost of supplies, so I added in fabric separately.

I have also decided on which season each character will be from. Kanan is 3/4, Hera and Ezra as well. While Sabine is season 2 as I like the long sleeves, hair and armour from that season best.

I am still on the hunt for patterns, Simplicity was on sale this weekend but the few I found close were no in the drawers. I am now tracking down pdfs. It also hurts that my boys are in the awkward stage at 10/12 between boys and men's, not like there are many patterns anyways for them. I am thinking of making these outfits as wearable as possible for mundane as well. Deciding if Sabine shirt should be tight fitting like dancewear or just a knit shirt, she is 8 after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment